Protect You & Your Family with Homeowner’s Insurance
The biggest investment most people will make in their lifetime is in their home. It’s important to carry a homeowners policy if you’re considering buying a home or already own one in the state of California. Not only does it protect your financial investment from an unseen disaster, but it also protects you and your family should something happen. California homeowners should protect themselves with a comprehensive homeowners policy from Andor Insurance Agency.
California Homeowner’s Insurance
Homeowners Coverage that Provides Peace of Mind
Andor Insurance Agency can help you find the perfect coverage for you and your vehicle. We’ll also help you understand what types of coverages you might want to consider based on a number of factors such as your family, lifestyle, etc.
Types of homeowners insurance can vary. Andor Insurance Agency can provide you with the following basic homeowners coverages:
Dwelling coverage protects your home’s structure, your appliances in the home, and things such as your flooring.
You love your home’s furnishings so be sure to protect them with Contents Coverage. We’ll provide peace of mind for your items that aren’t attached to your home – furniture, electronics, clothing, etc.
Personal Liability Coverage
Personal liability coverage has you covered should an incident take place in your home that injures someone or damages something.
Ordinance / Law Coverage
If you experience an incident that is covered under your plan, Ordinance / Law Coverage may help you pay to rebuild your home to current building codes, etc.
Medical Payments Coverage
Medical Payments Coverage helps pay for medical or funeral expenses of someone who is injured on your property.
Loss of Use Coverage
Loss of Use Coverage has your back in times of uncertainty! This coverage helps cover additional living expenses if you’re unable to live in your home for some time due to a loss that is covered by your policy.
Additional Structures Coverage
Protect any additional structures on your property – garage, shed, etc – with Additional Structures Coverage.
Credit Card Coverage
Credit Card Coverage helps pay up to your selected limit for any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions on your credit card and bank / debit card. This coverage even extends to forged checks and counterfeit money.
California Homeowners Insurance Information
The average homeowner in California is shelling out $1,383 on their homeowners policy for:
- $300,000 dwelling coverage
- $1,000 deductible
- $300,000 liability
Many factors will influence the premiums you pay for your homeowners policy. Some of the more important factors include:
- Local Crime Rates
- Your Home’s Square Footage
- Cost of Building Materials in Your Area
- Location of Your Home and the Likelihood of Natural Disasters occurring.
When shopping for a homeowners policy, California homeowners will want to keep in mind:
- When purchasing home insurance, you will want to insure your home based on its replacement cost – not its market value. The amount needed to build a home often outweighs the cost of purchasing a new one so you’ll want to make sure you have enough coverage!
- Liability insurance applies to accidents and mishaps in your home in which you are at fault. The result could be a guest in your home was injured. This personal liability coverage would help cover medical expenses, as well as damage you may have caused to a neighbor’s property. Personal liability coverage will also help cover any legal fees should you be sued, up to your policy limits. Most homeowners policies will come with a minimum coverage amount of $100,000 – which typically is not enough! Most insurance carriers and those in the industry suggest homeowners carry personal lability coverage in their homeowners insurance up to $300,000.
- When building your policy, be sure to select a dwelling coverage limit that allows you to match the cost to repair damage to your home or rebuild it completely at a quality equal to what it was prior to the damage.
- You might be asking yourself – what’s the difference in personal liability coverage and medical payments coverage? As mentioned, personal liability coverage will cover medical expenses for anyone injured in your home when you are considered at fault. Medical payments coverage will cover any medical bills for an injury that takes place in your home or on your property, regardless of who is at fault.